This is a 49 minute audio recording of the group coaching call that took place on September 5, 2014, moderated by Kathy McAfee.
This private web page is available to the participants of the Sikorsky New Hire Engineer On-boarding program, and who attended the seminar “Networking Ahead for Your Career” which took place on July 18, 2014 in Stratford, Connecticut.
In this recorded coaching call you will hear the group discuss:
- Strategies and tips to help you stay on top of your professional network (while managing a demanding job and busy personal life)
- The role and value of working with an Accountability Partner
- How to build a new network when you move to a new community
- Leveraging LinkedIn to maintain a growing professional network
- Deciding which relationships you should prioritize and invest in (Top 50 Contacts and the 50-5-10-2 Networking Strategy)
- The power of facilitated introductions (and the 3-way lunch)
- Networking is not natural at first, but with practice and effort it can become an unconscious competence that will produce great rewards
Please share these networking resources with other Engineers at Sikorsky.
Blog article referenced during this coaching call- http://networkingahead.com/networking-how-to-tap-into-spousal-influence/